A scheduled system maintenance period for the Box of Broadcasts (BoB) platform will begin Friday 27 January 2023 at 07:00. The provider advises that the service should be considered ‘at risk’ during this time.
Month: January 2023
New resource: Archive of the British Association for the Advancement of Science
A NEW LISTING for the Archive of the British Association for the Advancement of Science has been added to the Find Databases service.
Materials in the collection cover the period 1830s to the 1970s, and the archive is described as follows:
The archive of the British Association for the Advancement of Science (BAAS) and connected collections from UK universities. The archive covers the subject areas of astronomy, biology, technology, industrial design, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, agriculture, meteorology, physics, history of science and STEM, and government grants for scientific research. It brings together administrative records, correspondence, illustrations, manuscripts, photographs, prototypes, clippings, personal papers and grey literature.
Access to the resource is by university username and password.
The collections is licenced for use by UK HEIs through an agreement with JISC which currently concludes on 31 December 2031.
Box of Broadcasts – scheduled maintenance – Thursday 26 January 2023
New resource: Subculture Archives
ACCESS TO THE Subculture Archives is now available through a new listing in the library’s Find Databases service.
The resource is described as follows:
A multimedia archive of primary sources exploring 100 years of youth culture through the scenes, styles, sounds and signifiers of different youth movements. The Subculture Archives contains images and photographs; recorded and transcribed oral histories, podcasts and playlists; flyers and ephemera; and many examples of fashion, graphic design and printed publications. Drawing on the work of The Subcultures Network of academic researchers, the archive also includes lectures, articles, videos and other research materials.
Authenticated access to the resource is by university username and password.
The resource appears as a ‘Recommended Database’ in Library OneSearch and Library OneSearch Pro when running searches for terms such as ‘counterculture’, ‘subculture’, ‘youth culture’, ‘punk’, ‘hippy’, ‘acid house’ and other related terms.
A subscription to the Subcultures Archives has been paid for by the Nottingham School of Art & Design. The first subscription year runs until 17 January 2024.
Withdrawn resource: Galaxy: Business and Commerce
DUE TO THE winding-up of the free-to-access web directory, the entry for the Galaxy: Business and Commerce web site has been withdrawn from the Find Databases service.
A legacy snapshot of the site remains available through the auspices of the Wayback Machine.
LS:N Global currently unavailable – resolved
The login issues to LS:N Global have now been fixed by the LSN:Global technical team.
The NTU membership is being recognised again and access restored.
Access is direct from on-campus and by University username and password off-campus.
LS:N apologise for the disruption this has caused.
New resource: The Literary Encyclopedia
A NEW LISTING for The Literary Encyclopedia has been added to the Find Databases service.
The resource was previous only discoverable as an ejournal. In its new database listing, the encyclopedia is described as follows:
The Literary Encyclopedia is a wide-ranging reference work focused on literary and cultural history. The encyclopedia includes biographies of major and minor writers; scholarly descriptions of these authors’ texts; and reflective and analytical essays on literary, cultural and historical matters. It aims to cover the full breath of world literature including English, American, German, Russian, Italian, French, and Classical literatures, and a growing body of material covering Hispanic, Japanese, Canadian, East European and various postcolonial literatures.
Access to the resource is by university username and password, on-campus and off-campus.
Off-campus login issues affecting WGSN – Resolved
The recent off-campus log in issues to WGSN have now been resolved.
Both on and off-campus access options are available again when using the Find Databases page links.
WGSN apologise for any disruption this outage may have caused.
LS:N Global currently unavailable
The LS:N global platform, which is paid for by the School of Art & Design, and available through the library’s Find Databases platform, is currently unavailable both on and off campus.
Attempts to access content will prompt for a membership login.
The School of Art and Design contact is working with LS:N to try and resolve this issuehe recent access issues for LS:N global platform have now been resolved and NTU’s membership is being recognised again.
Off-campus login issues affecting WGSN
We are currently investigating reports of off-campus log in issues to WGSN when using the ‘Off-campus access’ option on the Find Databases WGSN page:
Off-campus login attempts currently result in the following error message.
The ‘On-campus access’ option is still available for users physically at the University campus.
ProQuest platform – scheduled maintenance – 8 January 2023
A ROUTINE MAINTENANCE period on the ProQuest platform is scheduled for Sunday 8 January 2023, between 3:00 and 8:00 (UK time).
This means that the following ProQuest databases, eBook platforms and services, to which the library subscribes, will be unavailable throughout the five-hour period, 3:00 to 8:00 (UK time):
- Alexander Street Press
- EBook Central
- Syndetics solutions
- All databases on the proquest.com platform, namely:
- Academic Video Online
- Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ASSIA) (1987 – current)
- Art, Design & Architecture Collection (1973 – current)
- Art and Architecture Archive (1895 – 2005)
- Australian Education Index (1977 – current)
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals (1934 – current)
- British Periodicals (1681 – 1939)
- Country Life Archive (1897 – 2005)
- Digital National Security Archive
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive (1880 – 2000)
- ERIC (1966 – current)
- Humanities Index (1962 – current)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) (1951 – current)
- MLA International Bibliography (1926 – current)
- Periodicals Archive Online
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress (1871 – current)
- ProQuest Central (1970 – current)
- ABI/INFORM Collection (1971 – current)
- Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection (1971 – current)
- Arts & Humanities Database information
- Asian & European Business Collection (1971 – current)
- Australia & New Zealand Database information
- Biology Database (1998 – current)
- Business Market Research Collection (1986 – current)
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database information
- Canadian Newsstream information
- Career & Technical Education Database information
- Computing Database (1998 – current)
- Continental Europe Database information
- Criminal Justice Database (1981 – current)
- East & South Asia Database information
- East Europe, Central Europe Database information
- Education Database (1988 – current)
- Family Health Database information
- Global Breaking Newswires information
- Health & Medical Collection information
- Health Management Database information
- India Database (1998 – current)
- International Newsstream information
- Latin America & Iberia Database information
- Library Science Database (1970 – current)
- Linguistics Database information
- Middle East & Africa Database information
- Military Database information
- Nursing & Allied Health Database information
- Political Science Database (1985 – current)
- Psychology Database information
- Public Health Database information
- Publicly Available Content Database information
- Religion Database (1986 – current)
- Research Library information
- Science Database information
- Social Science Database information
- Sociology Database (1985 – current)
- Telecommunications Database (1995 – current)
- Turkey Database information
- UK & Ireland Database information
- US Newsstream (1980 – current)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- PsycARTICLES (1894 – current)
- PsycINFO (1806 – current)
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 – current)
- Social Services Abstracts (1979 – current)
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 – current)
- Trench Journals and Unit Magazines of the First World War (1914 – 1919)
- The Vogue Archive
- The Women’s Wear Daily Archive
You must be logged in to post a comment.