The failure to authenticate for some users when attempting to log into Elsevier resources from off-campus, such as Science Direct and Scopus, has now been resolved.
Attempts to log into Elsevier resources from off-campus, such as Science Direct and Scopus, are resulting in an error page.
On campus access remains unaffected.
We are working with the Elsevier helpdesk to try and resolve this issue.
The authentication issues that were affecting all the Elsevier products, such as Science Direct, Scopus and Mendeley, have now been reported as fixed by the Elsevier technical team.
If you are still experiencing any error messages they advise to clear both cookies and browser cache before retrying before reporting further.
Elsevier apologise for any inconvenience this outage may have caused.
We are currently aware of an authentication error issue when logging into Elsevier products such as Scopus, Science Direct etc.
Elsevier have identified the issue and their technical team is currently working to resolve it.
A total of 730 new eBook titles from the library’s Elsevier eBook series and backfiles collections have been added to Library OneSearch in recent weeks. Access to the new titles is direct on-campus and by university username and password from off-campus. A few examples include:
- Brain-computer interfaces: lab experiments to real-world applications / edited by Damien Coyle
- Negative affective states and cognitive impairments in nicotine dependence / |c edited F. Scott Hall, Jared W. Young, Andre Der-Avakian
- Theory of aerospace propulsion / Pasquale M. Sforza.
- Canned citrus processing: techniques, equipment, and food safety / editor-in-chief, Yang Shan
- Cell biology: translational impact in cancer biology and bioinformatics / Maika G. Mitchell
Twelve new eBook titles from the Elsevier Major Reference Works collection are now available in Library OneSearch. Access to the titles is direct on-campus and by university username and password from off-campus. The titles are as follows:
- International encyclopedia of the social & behavioral sciences
- Encyclopedia of biodiversity
- Brenner’s encyclopedia of genetics
- International encyclopedia of housing and home
- Encyclopedia of forensic sciences
- Encyclopedia of the neurological sciences
- Encyclopedia of human behavior
- International encyclopedia of human geography
- Encyclopedia of agriculture and food systems
- The encyclopedia of applied ethics
- International encyclopedia of education
- Encyclopedia of toxicology
An unscheduled service outrage is currently preventing access to all Science Direct and Scopus services. A further update will follow once all services have been recovered.
A problem which was causing intermittent errors on requests from SFX to article content on the Elsevier Science Direct platform has now been resolved.
In some cases, requests were being resolved from SFX to an error page, even though the full-text was discoverable by direct searches on the Science Direct platform.
Requests from Library OneSearch, through SFX, to Science Direct full-text content should all now be resolving normally.
Following an extensive audit of the SFX Knowledge Base by the Serials team, the different publisher entries for the many hundreds of Elsevier full-text journal titles (such as those under Elsevier Science Direct (Academic Press) and Elsevier Science Direct (Excerpta Medica)) have been re-profiled and regrouped under the heading ‘Elsevier Science Direct (Freedom Collection)’ – see example below.
Automated routing through an authentication check has been enabled for all titles in this collection (which means that off-campus users will be passed through ‘university username and password’ authentication before being resolved to the full-text journal listing).
SFX listings for journals in the Elsevier backfiles collections and for the Elsevier Economics Handbooks are unaffected by these changes.
Access to Scopus has been enabled in Library OneSearch. Access. is direct on-campus and by university username and password from off-campus. The resource is described as follows:
Scopus is a large and continually updated abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed academic content in the fields of Life Sciences (4,000+ titles), Physical Sciences (7,000+), Health Sciences (6,000+) and Social Sciences and Humanities (5,000+). Not a full-text resources in itself, Scopus provides outbound links to full-text services on other platforms, where these are available. Scopus provides a range of tools to tracks trends, patterns and citation and research impact. For all articles published since 1996, also Scopus provides full details of the references used